10 Things to Consider for Your Reception
Your wedding day is one of the most special days of your life. It is meant to be a time of joy and celebration with those closest to you. Planning the reception can sometimes feel overwhelming. By considering a few things up front, you’ll be well on your way to planning the wedding reception you’ve always dreamed of. Then, it can be a day for you to relax and enjoy your time with your new spouse, making memories to last a lifetime.
- Your experience. The most important thing to consider is you and your new spouse. What are your likes and dislikes? How do you want your reception to feel? Intimate and cozy, or a grand affair with all the bells and whistles? Deciding this now will help guide the rest of your wedding reception decisions.
- How many guests will attend? Deciding on the approximate number of guests you’d like to attend will also help in other decisions including the facility, the menu, and the supplies.
- When and how long will your reception last? Do you have a date (or two) in mind? Do you plan on having an outdoor reception coinciding with the sunset, or a mid-day reception serving a late lunch? Will your event last a few hours, or will it go much longer? Knowing a general plan for your reception will help you coordinate with your venue for a successful event.
- How much do you plan to spend? Once you have a number of guests in mind, you can start to develop a budget for your event. Be sure to carefully find out what is included as you book your venue and vendors. By considering as many spending factors as you can now, you can avoid any monetary surprises later.
- What do you plan to serve at your reception? Are you serving a three-course meal, or something more intricate? Do you plan to serve drinks, or even host a cocktail hour prior to your reception? Consider the experience you wish for your guests to have and plan around that.
- Where do you plan to hold the reception? Now that you have a number of guests in mind, as well as the type of reception you’d like to have, you can confidently choose a venue that works for you and your guests. Be sure to consider what the venue can provide, as it will help in planning later.
- How do you picture the event to flow? Start developing a start-to-finish timeline of the day from wedding preparation to reception end. Mapping out the day like this will go far in avoiding unexpected glitches the day of.
- What specific things will you need from your venue? Will you need tents, tableware, numerous electrical outlets, or even dressing rooms? These are all things you need to decide on and bring to the attention of the venue’s staff when planning.
- What outside vendors will you need? What does your venue provide, i.e. bartenders and/or wait staff? Do you plan on having a photographer on-site? How about a DJ, band, or other entertainment? When do you want them to arrive? What do you want them to do? How long do you want them at the reception? Considering this now will help you make crucial decisions later.
- Do you plan on including special touches in your decor or for the bridal party or reception guests? If so, what? Break down these items in your budget and planning now, to help accomplish the day flawlessly.
The expert events staff at Tara Golf and Country Club can help make your wedding reception as perfect as you’ve imagined. Call or visit them today.